Friday, May 29, 2009

Traveling across time zones

Things I found out when traveling to Alaska:
- It's not wise to wait until the last night before your trip to start packing.
- Don't pack heavy things into your carry-on and plan to carry something in your hands.
- People involved with a church or religious group do not all look alike. Some can blend in.
- The only things that are still free on long flights are peanuts and soda.
- Mountains are beautiful.


For the most part my trip went well. I met some interesting people and had short but enlightening conversations with them. I traveled from Tampa to Memphis, from Memphis to Seattle and from Seattle to Anchorage. I didn't have much time at each airport to do any kind of sight seeing but what I saw from the Seattle airport makes me want to go back and check things out.
Anchorage has its own beautiful sights but I don't know if I will be able to take it all in while working. I look forward to everything that is going to happen. I'm not even scared or nervous. I think it's more of just wanting to get things started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment