Friday, May 22, 2009

My First "Blog"

   Welcome one and all to my first blog. Like many before me, my prior experience comes from the Myspace/Facebook phenomenon and is not what some would call... interesting or maybe even worth the time spent writing. Well bad news for those of you expecting something different because I can't promise better content right off the bat. What I can promise is my experiences and feelings about the adventure I am about to embark upon.

   For an update on my current situation here is a quick recap. I call Florida my home and have lived with my parents my entire life. If all goes according to plan, I will be heading to Alaska next Friday and will be leaving behind family, friends and pretty much everything I know. There is a mixed sense of excitement and fear. I have never been on my own for longer than a week. This will be the point in my life where I will look back and think, "Wow. That's how it started."

   This is the reason I am writing. That and the fact that I need to satisfy my own ego by putting myself in the spotlight. Oh yeah, and I want to keep my friends and family updated on what I am doing.

Well, I think this is enough for now. I can tell by this post that I'm going to babble on for at least a few more posts before I write anything meaningful or interesting. If anyone decides to keep up on this let me know if there is anything you want to know either about me or what I think about something. Whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Keep us updated! Everyone in Florida is wondering how you have been. Are you homesick? It is 95 degrees here but the humidity is like 140%--enjoy your stay in the normal part of the world haha. We miss u!

    ReplyDelete