Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Time Off

I was not sure what would happen when I flew back to Tampa but I wanted things to go as quick as possible. The situation when I got home was not a bad one but more frustrating than anything else. The people I dealt with at the Princess head office were actually very nice and helpful along with the doctor I ended up getting checked up by. What was frustrating was the timeline of it all. I was planning to be home for a few day, maybe a week tops. That was not the case at all. In all, I was in Tampa for two and a half months.

Long story short, getting appointments and coordinating payments for the doctor and the tests was what took the longest. Once those were taken care of things went by quickly.

I was checked in to the hospital for a biopsy and things went as well as they could have.

Currently, I have a kidney problem that has them leaking protein into my bladder. It is easily treated with medication but the doctor told me I needed to follow up at least once a month to track my progress. Otherwise I was cleared to work. This was the best news I had up to that day.

After some more phone calls and e-mails I finally was ready to go back to work. I initially tried to go back to the Island Princess and I contacted my manager there. Unfortunately, all the spots had been filled and I would have had to wait another month to go back there. The combination of debt and lack of money led me to decide to find a ship sooner.

I emailed the head office and literally within an hour I received a phone call telling me I was assigned a new ship. It was the Diamond Princess and it would be in Asia for a month before heading to Alaska. At this point I was in shock. I was so excited I could not contain myself. My family was jealous and I couldn’t wait to leave.


Now I had to get ready for my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment